Kansas City Ribs
Traditionally slow smoked for hours over wood, we've got the ultimate cheats version - 3-4 hours and you're done. Enjoy!
- 1 Rack of Pork Ribs
- 2 tbsp Kansas City Rib Rub
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Red's Kansas City BBQ Sauce
- Heat the oven to 170℃ (340℉)
- Remove the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. With a sharp knife pull up the membrane from a bone-end corner. Pull this away from the meat and discard.
- Rub the rack with the olive oil
- Rub 2 tbsp Kansas City Rib Rub into the front and back on the rack
- Place the rack in a roasting dish and seal tightly with aluminium foil
- After 3 hours, remove the tray from the oven, tip the juices into a bowl and mix with 3 tbsp Barbecue Sauce (we've used Red's Kansas City BBQ Sauce - available from most major supermarkets)
- Turn the oven up to 200℃ (390℉)
- Smother the rack with the barbecue sauce/cooking juices mixture and place back in the oven to crisp up a little - 10 to 15 minutes