A quick and simple Italian doughnut shaped breadstick. Italian Taralli are particularly good served with Aioli and a side of green olives. Forza Italia!
- 150g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Life of Spice The Italian Job
- 75 ml Dry White wine
- 75 ml Olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the Life of Spice The Italian Job into the flour and then add the flour and Olive oil. Stir together until a firm dough is formed.
- Form the dough into a ball, cover the bowl with cling film and leave at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Split the dough into 2 portions and roll each dough portion into a long 1/2 inch diameter sausage.
- Cut the sausage into 5 inch lengths, and then create a circle with each piece by pinching the ends together.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175℃ (350℉).
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil.
- In small batches, add the taralli to the boiling water and wait for them to cook for 1-2 minutes. They are ready to take out when they rise to the surface. Take them out, pat them dry with kitchen roll, and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Bake the taralli in the oven for 45 minutes until they are lightly browned.
- Serve on their own or with your favourite dips.